Who is Jesus?
What do people say about Jesus?
People claim that Jesus was a great teacher, others think he was a prophet, a madman, a liar, or worse.
Yet, millions of people claim him to be their Savior and Lord. Whatever you may think of Jesus, no one argues that he is the most influential person in the history of the world.
Likewise, few scholars argue about whether Jesus was a real man. The record is plain that he was a real, historical man who lived at the turn of the first century.
The question is who is Jesus?
1. God’s Purpose
God loves you , created you, and has a purpose for your life. In fact, God wants to have a relationship with you that is real and personal. The Bible describes it this way: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life (John 3:16).”
- God gives us eternal life as a free gift (Romans 6:23)
- God wants us to have a full and meaningful life today (John 10:10)
- God wants us to know Him and spend eternity in heaven with him (John 17:3)
So, what prevents YOU from having this relationship with God?
2. Your Need
As people search for meaning and purpose in life they discover that their sinful nature is holding them back. The word “sin” is an archery term and means to “miss the mark.” Sin is anything that misses the mark of God’s nature and will. Your sins separate you from God and keep you from knowing him personally.
- All people are sinners by nature and choice (Romans 3:23)
- You cannot save yourself (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- You deserve death and hell (Romans 6:23)
Our sins have caused a great gulf to separate us from God. People are always trying to cross that gulf through their wisdom, works, and good deeds, but none of our efforts will succeed.
3. God’s Remedy for our Sin Problem
Jesus Christ is the only way for people to cross the gulf that exists between us and God. Through him, and his sacrifice alone, can we know God personally and experience his love.
- God showed us his love by sending Jesus (Romans 5:8)
- Jesus died on the cross to forgive you of your sins (I Peter 3:18)
- Jesus is the only way to bridge the gulf between us and God (John 14:6)
- Jesus died on the cross taking our sins upon him. His sacrifice provides a bridge for us to come to God.
. . . But it is not enough to just know these truths.
4. You Can Experience this Remedy
- The only way to bridge the gulf is to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior; then we can know God in a personal way and experience salvation.
- You must repent of your sins (Acts 3:19)
- You must place your faith in Jesus (Ephesians 2:8)
- You must ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and to come into your life (Romans 10:9-10)
5. Through Prayer You Can Make this Commitment
Does what we have been discussing make sense to you? Have you come to a place in your life that you know for certain you have eternal life and will go to heaven when you die? Suppose you were standing before God right now and He asked you, “Why should I let you in heaven?” What would you say?
God loves you and wants a relationship with you. Is there any reason you would not be willing to receive God’s gift of eternal life and offer of friendship?
If you are willing to receive Jesus into your life right now you can begin that relationship with him by praying the following prayer. The words of the prayer are not as important as your heart.
“Dear Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God and died to forgive me of my sins. I know I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me. I want to know you and your love and begin that special relationship with you. Thank you for loving me. In Jesus name, Amen!”
If you prayed this prayer and meant it, then you are saved. We are not saved by our good works, but by God’s love. Please let us know of your decision. You can contact us at email@example.com and we would be glad to discuss your decision or answer any questions you might have.