Who We Are…
There are lots of misconceptions and beliefs that are floating through our culture today. You can attend a variety of churches and hear a variety of “takes” on what the Bible says. At WRBC we as a congregation are built on the foundation of the Bible, God’s Word. Take a few moments to take a look at what we believe and what affiliations we have as church.
Two simple principles drive our church:
Loving God and Loving People.
We strive to be disciples of Jesus through this.
Matthew 22:36 – 40 states:
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
What We Believe . . .
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead.
(1 Corinthians 15:1-8)
- The Bible is the inspired word of God – a lamp unto our feet and light unto our path. We believe it is authoritative in every dimension of life.
(2 Timothy 3:16)
- Forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith and follow Christ in believer’s baptism.
(Romans 10:9; 13; Acts 2:38)
- The church is the body of Christ on earth and exists to evangelize the lost and edify the believers.
- Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)